Friday, July 9, 2021

"The Easy Choice" -Too

 "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." (John 3:36 KJV) 

  "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away." (Psalms 1:1-4 KJV) 

  Okay, so I am not perfect; no one needs to point that out to me, because I already know it. But, there is a difference between my imperfections and the imperfections of those that are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life: my imperfection do not count, but their imperfections do! Crazy how that works, but I did not right the Book, God did! 

  Not to seem to dive away from the subject, but what is up with this new way of mentioning God's Book? I have heard several different people, lately, that did not say, 'The Bible,' but instead said, 'Bible.' To try and put it in a sentence, if I can, it goes something like this: "I follow Bible," or, "I read Bible." If I did not know any better, it almost sounds as though the book, the Bible, has just become a person, or maybe is now an entity of it's own. 

  I would move cautiously in that direction, not that there is nothing of that, because I believe with all my heart that the Bible is the word of God. But it is also a book, which much like those first Tablets that were broken by Moses; even though God wrote them Himself, Moses had to write the second set on his own. Maybe you don't see the point, but it all comes down to substance! 

  Forgive me for getting ahead of myself, but there is more to this than meets the eye! See what I mean! No, not yet? Well then, if you really want to know; we are always so interested in seeing whatever it is we believe in; as if, if we don't see it, then it does not exist. Well, if you do not believe the Son of God, which is in and of Himself God, then guess what: You do not see life! 

  Now you might be wondering what you might be missing, because life is all around you, and you are feeling pretty sure that you have not been missing out. But this life we see in the world is filled with and ruled by death. Everything you see around you is dying: it is born, grows up, and then passes away; like the circle of life, you are born of the dust, to return to the dust. That is not real life! Just saying...

"Jesus answered and said unto her, "Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: but whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life."" (John 4:13-14 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment