Friday, July 2, 2021

"Incredible Shrinking Man"

"Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but I am sent before him. He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease." (John 3:28-30 KJV) 

  "For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified." (1 Corinthians 2:2 KJV)

  There are some things we can see very plainly, as they are meant to be out in the open and easy to see; then there are those things which are mostly hidden, which are meant to be looked for, therefore making us dig and search for, thereby allowing us to have a deeper look, by working to see. Interesting as it is, this is not just something that John knew by observation; this was something John lived for, if you will: This was his purpose! 

  It is really hard to describe John's character as it might pertain to a marriage; say, if he might have resembled that of the best man, or the father of the bride; or possibly the maid of honor; or even the one that officiated the ceremony. Oddly enough, I picture him more to be like Eliezer of Damascus, whom hardly anyone might know, yet was instrumental in the making of the story; with a very special and meaningful purpose, but with only joy of achieving his purpose in mind. 

  Oddly enough, Eliezer, according to some records was the son of Nimrod; Nimrod being the one who was instrumental in the building of the Tower of Babel. Don't ask me why, but there are just some things which don't add up, while other things are just way over our heads; but you can bet your bottom dollar, God holds the keys to every mystery! 

  I will rest here for now, as I am feeling thirsty and need water; this journey was hard and I need some maiden to show up and give me a drink; and maybe even for my camels...

"Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory." (Romans 5:1-2 NLT)   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment