Thursday, July 29, 2021

"In Spirit and In Truth"

 "But the hour cometh, and now is, when true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." (John 4:23-24 KJV)

  "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me know wisdom." (Psalms 51:5-6 KJV)

  If there is one thing that I have learned in all of these last, almost 40 years, it is that God wants me to be real with Him; which means that I don't pretend that He does not know everything there is to know about me and try to hide anything from Him. Doing so is not only useless and foolish, it gives me a false sense of security when I and looking for God's power to overcome trials and circumstances that come into my life. 

 In other words, God will be only as big to you as you make Him; if you don't think He has the ability to see all of your hidden parts of you, then how will you believe that He can see or do that which you need in your trial or your circumstance? You really cannot have one without the other; not that God is limited by your belief in Him, but your faith is limited; which makes you feel less secure and more likely to sin. 

 Anywho; in this potion of Scripture is something that I believe is sometimes easily misunderstood. Not that we don't understand what Jesus is talking about, but that we fail to really understand the reality of the application; because that is what Jesus is trying to say. This is something that we must understand as an application to worship the Father! 

 Maybe it requires a little practice; then again, it really does not! As a matter of fact, making it into a practice, as if it has a routine or a procedure to it, is totally and completely the wrong way to apply what Jesus is trying to say! No one can tell me how I should worship, except that I come to the Father with an open heart and expect that He sees right through me, just as I am, and yet He loves me still! 

  Which ever way you want, standing, kneeling, walking, sitting; these are all just totally unimportant to the way that we worship Him. I have had deep times of worship driving down the highway; I have had exceptional times of worship on long walks at 4 am in the morning; I have had moments of being turned inside-out, when just sitting on my living room floor. The Father is always there and ready to hear me, so I can reach Him anytime, because He never is too far from where I am.

  Understandably, this is something that helps to keep us in line; yet it is also something that we will loose sight of, in the moments, or in the hour, that we loose sight of His presence...

"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free Spirit. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee." (Psalms 51:7-13 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment