Friday, July 23, 2021

"The Connection"

 "The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband. For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly." (John 4:17-18 KJV) 

  "Moreover Ruth the Moabitess, the wife of Mahlon, have I purchased to be my wife, to raise up the name of the dead upon his inheritance, that the name of the dead be not cut off from among his brethren, and from the gate of his place: ye are witnesses this day. And all the elders, said, We are witnesses. The LORD make the woman that is come into thine house like Rachel and like Leah, which two did build the house of Israel: and do thou worthily in Ephratah, and be famous in Bethlehem: and let thy house be like the house of Pharez, whom Tamar bare unto Judah, of the seed which the LORD shall give thee of this young woman." (Ruth 4:10-12 KJV)

  Before you judge me, listen to what I have to say: The way I see this playing out, not only does Jesus know this woman's life, He knows her heart also: He knows her connections with the neighborhood, the things which interest her, the things she dislikes; He even knows that which she believes in her heart, as to who God is and what God might be like. The thing you need to know about God, is that He knows all things past, present, and way far ahead into the future. Absolutely nothing is hidden from His sight! 

  Take a breath, and try to let that sink in for just a moment. Now, if you think that you have gotten away with anything, think again; it is right there, as plain as day and in His sight! Isn't that great? Doesn't that make you feel better about your wonderful life? If you think that I am being facetious, think again; I am being practical about something we cannot ignore, but must be dealt with; while at the same time, being thankful that it has already been dealt with, once and for all! 

  This is the kind of thing that takes us from being in the thick of things, into the place where nothing else really matters! All the things that seemed to be just the ways things are, come into focus, and we stand naked before a Holy and Righteous God! You can do nothing about what has been done: But everything is possible with God!

  Anywho, that is the way I see things; so go ahead and judge me if you like, I really don't mind. I have a Judge that is bigger and more powerful than you, or anyone else; so it's all good. But before you do, just remember something, there is a connection between me and you: If you point your finger at me, there are three fingers pointed back at you...

""Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged."" (Matthew 7:1-2 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment