Saturday, July 17, 2021

"The Usual Error"

"The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us this well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?" (John 4:11-12 KJV) 

  "The LORD says, "I was ready to respond, but no one asked for help. I was ready to be found, but no was looking for me. I said, 'Here I am, here I am!' to a nation that did not call on my name. All day long I opened my arms to a rebellious people. But they follow their own evil paths and their own crooked schemes. All day long they insult me to my face by worshiping idols in their sacred gardens. They burn incense on pagan altars."" (Isaiah 65:1-3 NLT) 

  Some days I just feel like staying in bed and pretending I don't have anything talk about; and then I get up, reluctantly, and get something like this! Having been down some of these roads myself, I can maybe put a little bit of understanding behind what this woman is trying to say; after all, from her point of view, everything she said was right to ask, simple enough to diagnose, and justified some sort of answer. 

  Depending who it is that you are talking to, that might be the case: but God, the One who made the heavens and earth, He can do just about anything, without using anything at all! We on the other hand are stuck on stupid, not even considering the possibilities, we instead bring everything into our knowledge of how things should be or happen, based upon what we think is possible.

  Yea, I know, it just seems so practical and normal, why should we even pay it any mind? Well, if you are looking for answers, then you are in the right place! Seriously! Don't pretend you know anything, as if you need to know what the answers are, as if you don't know a thing; maybe then you might listen...

"He replied, "You are permitted to understand the secrets of the Kingdom of Heaven, but others are not. To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given, and they will have an abundance of knowledge. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them. That is why I use these parables, For they look, but they don't see. They hear, but they don't really listen or understand."" (Matthew 13:11-13 NLT)   

No comments:

Post a Comment