Tuesday, October 17, 2017

"Substance"

"For he knoweth our frame, he remembereth that we are dust." (Psalms 103:14)
Most mornings I have something that I know God wants me to share, or at least a title that acts like a springboard into the conversation; this morning, I think it looks like I am winging it. Do you realize that God has called you out of the darkness? If you really want to get technical about it, if it were not for God's calling upon your life, you would still been stuck in the line of those destined for hell. I don't know why God chooses who He does, I am just glad that He chose me, for whatever reason it was. When God calls us to Himself, His purpose does not need to be discovered as much as it just needs to be lived out. That is the primary thing about walking in faith, you really don't know what it is that God is calling you for, but you know that He is going to use your life in one way or another. As long as there is breath in my lungs, I know that God can still use me; He can still use me, even after I am gone; after all, He is still using David! We might be dust, but we are His dust, to do with as He pleases, and to spread around as He sees fit. Whether you know it or not, you are special; if you have been chosen to be a part of this spectacular story, then you are God's precious possession. That makes me take notice of what is going on around me. Not just in a practical way, but in a way that means something to the Kingdom of God. As I was listening to Pastor Mike talk about how ministries turn into something of relics, I couldn't help but think of how our own personal walks have the same pattern. It pretty much happens when we start doing what we think God wants us to do, but not doing what God leads us into doing. Must of the time that God leads us into something, it's not going to make sense, it's not going to appear possible, and it's not going to be planned out in advance. When we do what we think God wants us to do, we start making plans on how it will work and how it all will make sense. That's when we stop moving in the Spirit and we are moving in the flesh; the flesh wants to see how it's all going to come together; the flesh wants to feel secure in a plan. Like Pastor Mike said yesterday, "the Spirit blows like the wind; you never know where it is going." I thought of using something like that, like, 'Dust In The Wind,' or something similar; but this kind of dust is very rarely used in that manor; this dust has purpose...
"Jesus replied, "I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit. Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life. So don't be surprised when I say, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can't tell where comes from or where it is going, so you can't explain how people are born of the Spirit."" (John 3:5-8) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment