Sunday, October 8, 2017

"Dress Maker"

"The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed." (Psalms 103:6)
Okay, so it sounds a little weird. Have you ever had one of those mornings when you just can't quite get out of bed? Well, it has been one of those mornings. After the night I had yesterday and needing to be at church for Men at the Cross, I thought I deserved a little more sleep. Pastor David was pretty much sharing on the same thing that I was talking about yesterday morning; sowing seeds was the primary point to the message, besides the message was about "What is a Parable?", he was trying to make his point about our need to produce fruit, taken from Jesus' statement in Matthew 13:23. At one point, David said that a child can so seeds just as well as an experienced farmer, and that it was just a matter of throwing out seeds upon the soil. That's the thing about farming, that the farmer really has no control over the harvest. He can make every effort and perform every function known to farming, but it is God that controls the harvest. I can remember the morning that God gave me a vision of a wedding dress in the Throne of God. I was praying and thinking about Isaiah 6:1, "and his train filled the temple," when all of the sudden I saw a very vivid picture of a wedding dress, and the train of the dress stretched from the Throne and all throughout the Temple. As I looked more carefully at the design of the train's fabric, I could see people woven into the fabric; and as I looked closer and closer, the person that I focused upon was me. Talk about weird; I still don't quite know how to interpret that vision. But the one thing that I do know, at least I am in the Temple! Actually I took the title from the meaning of "executeth," and the words dress and maker just so happened to be next to each other in the translation count. Dress shows up 13 times, and maker also shows up 13 times; the number one translation of the word, "asah," is the word 'do', which shows up 1,333 times; next in line is the word, 'make', which shows up 653 times. I am pretty sure that the bottom line to all of this, is that God is always doing stuff; as a matter of fact, I am pretty sure that He never does rest from doing stuff. If He is not busy doing, then He is busy maintaining; and if He's not maintaining, then He is busy dealing with our messes that we make, making beauty from ashes. Besides, the word "oppressed," is a pretty complex word that fits into a whole lot of meanings...
"Look here, you rich people: Weep and groan with anguish because of all the terrible troubles ahead of you. Your wealth is rotting away, and your fine clothes are moth-eaten rags. Your gold and silver has become worthless. The very wealth you are counting on will eat away your flesh like fire. This treasure you have accumulated will stand as evidence against you on the day of judgment. For listen! Hear the cries of the field workers whom you have cheated of their pay. The wages you held back cry out against you. The cries of those who harvest your fields have reached the ears of the LORD of Heaven's Armies. You have spent your years on earth in luxury, satisfying your every desire. You have fattened yourselves for the day of slaughter. You have condemned and killed innocent people, who do not resist you. Dear brothers and sisters, be patient as you wait for the Lord's return. Consider the farmers who patiently wait for the rains in the fall and the spring. They eagerly look for the valuable harvest to ripen. You, too, must be patient. Take courage, for the coming of the Lord is near." (James 5:1-8) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment