Monday, October 2, 2017

"All to Him I Owe"

"Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name." (Psalms 103:1)
As hard as it is to understand, God's love for us does not need to be explained, it does not need to be researched, and it absolutely does not need to be challenged; it only needs to be accepted as truth, believed for one's self, and held onto like you mean it. Abraham was far from being a saint, but for all the wrong things that he might have done, his trust that he did put in the LORD is what got him into the category of Righteous. Actually, the term used in the Bible, is the his righteousness was "accounted" to him. There is the big difference between those have righteousness and those that do not, is where does that righteousness come from? If it comes from anywhere else but God, then it does not account for anything! I cannot even keep up with the amount of times that I sin. I try and recall all the sin that I commit, in any given day, and all that I can ask for is for God to forgive me for my sins; I don't even try to be specific, for the chance that I might leave something out. What we might consider to be normal and good, God might consider it sin; little things, like not doing something nice, just might be the thing that you were meant to do, but did it not. The illustration the Jesus gave of the Sheep and the Goats, had nothing to do with doing wrong, but everything to do about doing right. We have a new life that is based upon a new set of rules, to love as we are loved. It's not easy, but it's not something that cannot be done; God never tells us to do anything that is impossible, because with Him, everything is possible. I don't know as much as I pretend to know, but I do know that God loves me; and because of that one simple fact, I can experience something that makes everything else pale in comparison. Absolutely nothing else on this earth compares to the love of God! I just want to park right here and never leave; unfortunately, I need to change my wife, start my work day, and live another day in this world. The best I can do is to ask God to go with me; to be my feet and hands, and let the words of my mouth bring Him glory. I think I owe Him at least that much...
"Since God chose you to be the holy people that he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Let the message about Christ, in all its riches, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father." (Colossians 3:12-17) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment