Thursday, October 26, 2017

"God Is The Creator"

PSALMS 104
"Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty:" (Verse One)
It is believed that this Psalm is pretty much a continuation of the last, but with a slightly different tone. As it should be, in the way that we view God; yes, it's true and never changes, God is love, but He is also the Creator and Judge; we can never loose sight of that fact, we will all stand before Him and be held accountable for either the things we did, or for those that we did not do. It just so happens that I heard a message yesterday on this very subject, about how we need to make sure the truth be fully told. That is one of the biggest problems in the church today, the love of God is made know, but His judgment and the eternal punishment that awaits is left untold. It was Pastor Mike V., and he was sharing about the questions he will ask those who which to be baptized, especially children who have parents that want them to be baptized. The issue is, that though their hearts are well intended, the child may not know the full reason that they are doing what they are about to do. The parent will be sure, as well as the child, that their child knows that God loves them; and so it is based upon that fact, and that fact alone, that the child is going to be baptized. As Mike put it, he would ask to speak to the child alone, and then he would ask the child if they knew that they were saved; the common reaction that he got, was, "Saved from what?" Yes, that is the problem with many believers today; they are easily convinced on all the goodness and love, but without the greatness of a Savior, there is nothing really to keep them holding on when the going gets hard and life becomes what they don't understand. It reminds me of Ray Comfort's book, 'Hell's Best Kept Secret.' Because that's the story of Job, and the whole reason that the devil was allowed to torment Job in the first place. We have got to understand the bigger picture, that one day all the earth will be judged; those that are not in Christ will be judged for their sins; those who are in Christ will be judged for rewards. What a contrast in those two judgments! The way Pastor Mike put it might not match this order, because he said we need to hit them with the bad news, and then present the Gospel; which is much the same as Ray puts it in his book: "The plane is going to go down, you need to put on this parachute!" The way that David is presenting it, is to proclaim God's love, as unfailing and unconditional as it is, and then hit us with His honor and majesty. I don't know, I guess it all depends on which one grabs our attention the most. As for me, my hellion days were all about going to hell, so nothing really grabbed me about any of that; but finding out just how much God loved me, and how He sent His Son, who Himself was my Creator, to die for my sins and to save me from that hell; that pretty much did it...
""Look! The LORD'S anger bursts out like a storm, a whirlwind that swirls down on the heads of the wicked. The anger of the LORD will not be diminished until he has finished all he has planned. In the days to come you will understand all this very clearly. "I have not sent these prophets, yet they run around claiming to speak for me. I have given them no message, yet they go on prophesying. If they had stood before me and listened to me, they would have spoken my words, and they would have turned my people from their evil ways and deeds. Am I a God who is only close at hand?" says the LORD. "No, I am far away at the same time. Can anyone hide from me in a secret place? Am I not everywhere in all the heavens and earth?" says the LORD." (Jeremiah 23:19-24) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment