Wednesday, October 25, 2017

"Just Be Loved"

"Bless the LORD, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul." (Psalms 103:22)
I know we seldom feel as though we deserve it, but God's love is really not about how we feel; it's not even about how we react, it's about the fact that He loves us, just as we are! Don't ask me why, because I have quit trying to figure that out a long time ago. All that I know, is that He loves us, each and every one of us, as His precious children; children with issues, with weaknesses, and even some with rebellious hearts. Maybe it is because He can look beyond all of these problems, seeing the way that we will become. There will be a day when all of these fleshly things will be dissolved and gone; I don't even think that they will be a memory, because the Bible says that He will wipe away every tear from our eyes. It is the way that I disrespect His love that causes me to cry the most, so He will obviously take away those terrible memories of all of my trespasses against Him. One thing is for certain, God's love for us cannot be denied; it might not be understood, but we can never deny that He loves us, not after all that He has done to free us from our sins. Jesus said, "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." Being set free means so many different things to so many people. Some people are free, yet they feel trapped in there daily life; I know that I do, more often than I care to omit. It's not that I don't feel grateful for all the God has provided, because it's really not about having stuff or being cared for. I keep waiting for my wife to be healed, yet every day draws me closer to our departure. Who will go first? I hope that it will be her, because I know if I go first then she will be less taken care of after I am gone; but then again, I can't let go of her. But, what takes me away from all of that is just knowing I am loved by my Creator. The Creator of all heaven and earth loves me! He not only loves me, but He has given me a new name, one that only He alone knows, and one that describes who I am in Him. Thank You God for loving me! That's all that I can do, just be thankful that He loves me...
""Sing for joy, O heavens! Rejoice, O earth! Burst into song, O mountains! For the LORD has comforted his people and will have compassion on them in their suffering. Yet Jerusalem says, "The LORD has deserted us; the LORD has forgotten us." "Never! Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne? But even if that were possible, I would not forget you! See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands. Always in my mind is a picture of Jerusalem's walls in ruins."" (Isaiah 49:13-16) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment