Sunday, October 29, 2017

"Altogether Wonderful"

"Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire: who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever." (Psalms 104:4-5)
There are certain things that we cannot explain, no matter how hard we try to understand them; but the wonderfulness of God is not one of them! I am constantly amazed by God's detail to everything He does and that He has made; He seems to have every little thing working together to do something specific, something towards the purpose of what He, The Creator, intended for them to do. I do Termite Inspections, and unfortunately, I also do Termite Extermination. It's not that I don't like Termites, it's that my customers don't want then eating their homes or structures. But I love to have the chance to share how they are simply doing what God intended for them to do; they are helping in the breakdown of dead wood. God designed them for that particular purpose, and they are very good at what they were made to do. I do however hate flies; they totally annoy me and I go out of my way to find one that gets in my house, and eliminate it from bothering me or my wife. It's her I am mostly concerned about, because she cannot chew the fly away from her face, or her trach. If you knew what I know about the common housefly, then you would understand why it is so important that I seek and destroy them as I do. Yet, they too have a purpose and job to do; I just don't want them doing their business in my house! There are some important things that are being said between these two verses, beyond what might appear obvious. It is all about principle and intent. The thing that gives it away is the fact that this earth will be dissolved and rolled away like a scroll, but the foundations of it are for ever and ever! God does everything He does with a purpose in mind; He knows the end of the matter, so He has the ability to know everything else that needs to take place between the beginning and the end, to accomplish that which is the end. It's like a watchmaker, who designed the watch from beginning to end, he knows every step that needs to be taken to put those parts together and to make that watch do what he has designed it to do. God created heaven and earth for His glory! He did not create it for destruction; everything has a purpose, even that which appears not...
"And when he brought his supreme Son into the world, God said, "Let all of God's angels worship him." Regarding the angels, he says, "He sends his angels like the winds, his servants like flames of fire." But to the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever. You rule with a scepter of justice. You love justice and hate evil. Therefore, O God, your God has anointed you, pouring out the oil of joy on you more than on anyone else." He also says to the Son, "In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundation of the earth and made the heavens with your hands. They will perish, but you remain forever. They will wear out like old clothing. You will fold them up like a cloak and discard them like old clothing. But you are always the same; you will live forever."" (Hebrews 1:6-12) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment