Saturday, October 28, 2017

"Altogether Worthy"

"Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:" (Psalms 104:3)
I know, I shouldn't be so hard on myself; but to be perfectly honest, most of the time I am not hard enough. It is almost as though I feel entitled to sin a little; as weird as that might sound, it is the only way I can think of to express the part of me that allows myself to sin. On the other hand, when I am doing all that I can to avoid it, there is so much peace and joy, I always wonder why or how I could ever allow it to even happen at all. If I had to pick something that was the cause of it, then it would have to be pride. Pride is probably the biggest cause of rebellion against God that their is; it brings down the biggest and the best, because they end up thinking that they are. It is pretty much a matter of perception; looking at the physical success or accomplishments, we think that there is certain room for us to lay claim to all that we are part of, as if it was our success or accomplishment. It is a very hard place to come back from; not without needing to be taken down a notch or two. Here is the thing that I see presented today, that all of these things are not physical; you cannot lay beams in water, you cannot ride a chariot in the clouds, and you cannot walk upon the wind. Our success is not measured in material or physical accomplishments; everything that we see is totally and completely temporal. In the case of the spiritual, it is easier to do those things listed above, than it is to put our trust in the worth of anything that we can see or touch, because everything that we see is being dissolved. If you want to concentrate on something to have success in, then you need to make it spiritual; try to see how big you feel in that arena! My guess is that you will feel like a snowflake waiting to land on a hot pavement. That reminds me, I heard something yesterday I thought I might share; it was something to do with gold and pavement. I did not hear it all, so I need to summarize what I know. Apparently, there was a guy that died and went to heaven, but when he got to the pearly gates, he proclaimed that there was something he needed to go back and get; so the angel allowed him to go get it. When he returned, he had a bag or gold; to which the angel asked, "Why did you need to go get this bag of asphalt?" Anywho, I thought it was relevant...
"He opened the heavens and came down; dark storm clouds were beneath his feet. Mounted on a mighty angelic being, he flew, soaring on the wings of the wind. He shrouded himself in darkness, veiling his approach with dark rain clouds. Thick clouds shielded the brightness around him and rained down hail and burning coals. The LORD thundered from heaven; the voice of the Most High resounded amid the hail and burning coals. He shot his arrows and scattered his enemies; his lightning flashed, and they were greatly confused. Then at your command, O LORD, at the blast of your breath, the bottom of the sea could be seen, and the foundations of the earth were laid bare. He reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of the deep waters." (Psalms 18:9-16) NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment