Friday, October 6, 2017

"Taste and See"

"Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's." (Psalms 103:5)
This is not all that mysterious, not for those who have experienced all that the Lord can do in us, in a single moment. I know I have shared on this several times, but it goes to the point of what I believe that God is saying. When I first got saved, I could point to the Scriptures and share with someone about what the Scripture meant; I could flip in my Bible to the exact Scripture for the exact issue that we were in a discussion over, and then I would express how that Scripture was good for that issue and how it applied. I had been reading the New Testament almost all the time, from the time I entered the jail and was able to get hold of a copy, till the day that I had accepted Jesus into my heart; so I did kind of know my way around the New Testament. But what was happening to me when I shared the Lord with others, that was totally supernatural and beyond my abilities to know. I don't think that this is speaking about taking in God's word, this is speaking about speaking out God's word. It is much like the words Jesus spoke to His disciples when they wondered who feed Him, but He said to them, "I have meat to eat that ye know not of." (John 4:32) The renewal that takes place within us, while and after we share God's word, especially when it changes a unbeliever, is more than any food can satisfy us; it renews and refreshes our soul, and the Spirit is magnified within us. It refreshes and renews us so much, that it feels bad and empty when it changes back to the way it was before we shared God's word. That is the things that drives us to share more; they don't call to Living Water for nothing, because it needs to flow through us for us to feel the life that it gives. Moses wore the veil over his face, not to hide the luster from the children of Israel so that they would not see his glow, but to hide the glow so that they would not notice when it had passed. That's what happens when we are in fellowship with the Lord, He changes us; He changes us so much, that when we are not in fellowship, we can appear to be another person, altogether. Jesus continued to say, "My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work." That is when we start getting old, when we think that His work is done in us...
"Since this new way gives us such confidence, we can be very bold. We are not like Moses, who put a veil over his face so the people of Israel would not see the glory, even though it was destined to fade away. But the people's minds were hardened, and to this day whenever the old covenant is being read, the same veil covers their minds so they cannot understand the truth. And this veil can be removed only by believing in Christ. Yes, even today when they read Moses' writings, their hearts are covered with that veil, and they do not understand. But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord -who is the Spirit -makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image." (2 Corinthians 3:12-18) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment