Friday, October 13, 2017

"Can't Touch This!"

"For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him." (Psalms 103:11)
Not just a little Hammer, we are talking about something that started a very long time ago. You might remember me sharing about the one day that God did not say that His creation was good, the second day of His creation. All His other days, the Bible says that God said that it was good, but the day in which God caused the division between the waters, the firmament below, and the firmament above, the one above He called Heaven; it was that division that God really was not all that jazzed about. We really can't even imagine how high this place really is, this place we call Heaven. We look at the stars and imagine those twinkling objects represent Heaven, but they don't even come close to where God is. When I first started this blog, back in January 1st, 2010, I posted a picture of the universe and a picture of a brain cell; these pictures were very similar and the image it portrayed made me feel incredibly small. We can only imagine what Heaven might be like, or where Heaven might be; but Jesus knew what it was like and He knew exactly where it was; and it wasn't anywhere close to what we can see! As to the second day not being good, I am sure that God was pleased with what He made, He just did not like the separation; our God loves our fellowship, He loves us and loves to be near us. It was this love for us that caused Him to make a way that we could fellowship with Him, even though He is Holy and cannot have fellowship with unrighteousness. Another thing that I spoke about, almost right from the start, was, What is more powerful to get us to obey God, love or fear? Not that we don't need both, but there is always one greater than the other. If we really understood how Holy and Righteous God was, fear might be the strongest one of the two; but we cannot even come close to knowing His kind of holiness. Therefore, love is the greatest overall! It is His love that He has demonstrated to us, for all to see; His love was made manifested in the gift of His Son. The Bible tells us, "That while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." The Bible does not say, 'That when we feared God, Christ died for us,' because it was not what His gift was all about. We could not reach the level of fear, or love, required to earn His fellowship, or His love; it was something that He needed to provide for us...
"But when God found fault with the people, he said: "The day is coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and Judah. This covenant will not be like the one I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand and led them out of the land of Egypt. They did not remain faithful to my covenant, so I turned my back on them, says the LORD. But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day, says the LORD: I will put my laws in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, 'You should know the LORD.' For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already. And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins."" (Hebrews 8:8-12) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment