Thursday, February 14, 2013

"Stress Not!"

"The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring Thou me out of my distresses." (Psalms 25:17) Although, I do pray every morning that these postings will speak to someone, somewhere, besides just myself; and I get so amazed how it is that the things that God puts upon my heart are not just spoken to me, but that several others that I know are being spoken to in the same way; it's as if the Holy Spirit has the same message on His lips for certain people, as He blows through this area and that. I learned something a long time ago that has stuck with me every since, and that is, that when our troubles are enlarged, we need to take our eyes off of our troubles and place them on Jesus! Our God is so much bigger than any trouble that we might face! And it's not really a matter of our unbelief, because I think we all have the same capacity to believe; but it is more about Who we put our belief in, as in, do we believe how powerful and mighty our God really is? That's the thing about "wisdom", is that it brings with it understanding of Who God Is, and the awesome power that He brings to the table, each and every time that He lifts His mighty hand. After we understand that, and our belief is in a God that has no limitation to His power, then it's God's turn to show up and bring us out of our distresses! Which may or may not bring the solution that we are looking for, but at least our stress will be gone, and we can see more visually how tiny our little problems are compared to the Mighty God that we have put out faith in. Don't get me wrong; I totally understand disappointment and misery in suffering, because even though I might put forth a good effort to rejoice in my sufferings, I still have those days when I just want to go home and quit living this torturous life. It's really not easy seeing the love of your life confined to a bed, and most of the time being totally disconnected from the world; the anguish I feel in my heart is sometimes to much to bear. However; it is not up to me, it is up to God when she is either healed or taken home; and what is my responsibility in all of this, is to trust Him that He knows what He is doing, and rejoice in what I have; as sometimes painful as that might be. When it comes to gaining wisdom, we do not need to know every detail of our situation, only enough to give us the right perspective...Happy Valentine's Day!!! Share some love with someone today, and tell someone how much God loves them... "Who is this that cometh up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved? I raised thee up under the apple tree: there thy mother brought thee forth; there she brought thee forth and bare thee. Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned (Utterly Misunderstood!!!). (The Song of Solomon 8:5-7)

No comments:

Post a Comment