Friday, February 15, 2013

"Stress Kills!"

"Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins." (Psalms 25:18) Anyone that thinks God is not listening should think again, because He has given us His full attention. Yesterday I had a very interesting conversation with a brother who was sharing with me about how our bodies can heal themselves, and how stress hinders that healing process; after which I had told him about the title of my blog for yesterday was "Stress Not". And I think that I was more excited about the fact that I shared on the Holy Spirit speaking to several people the same message, as He moves about as the wind; knowing that is what the "Shape Of Air" looks like, as we cannot see His shape, but we can sure see His effects as He moves in and through us. We may not be able to control our situation or our circumstance, but we can sure control our peace that we have with God!!! That is what I see God speaking into my heart today. There is really only one thing that can make us feel unprotected by God, and that is for us to have sin in our lives. Sin that goes on in our lives without being confessed can be like a cancer to our soul, taking on a form of destruction that can only be stopped by God's cleansing power; which is only available to us when we confess all of our sins! But what about the sins we have which may not be revealed to us? What if there is sin in me that I may not realize is sin? Could that even be possible? Have you ever come across anyone that proclaimed to have no sins? Because they are out there, and they really do believe that they do not sin; even though the Bible says that there are none who do not sin, they believe they don't; don't they realize that calling God a liar is a sin? (1 John 1:8 & 10)  The way that I understand it, we are only responsible for confessing the sins that God reveals to us. As we are shown sin that dwells within our heart, we must confess it, and God is faithful to forgive us of it  (1 John 1:9) ; sin which is not confessed, will take root in us and make us sick, because the peace of God is not within us and our joy is robbed by sin (1 John 1:4 & 2:1). As far as affliction and pain are concerned, they can be comforted and dealt with by keeping our eyes on Jesus; but sin can make us ashamed, and keep us from putting our eyes fully upon Jesus, so that He can ease our affliction and our pain. This is where I think our stress comes from; not from our situation or our circumstance; but from our inability to stand before the Lord totally unashamed... "I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge. And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit. For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow." (Ecclesiastes 1:16-18)

No comments:

Post a Comment