Friday, January 11, 2013

"All Life Flows From God"

"For He founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods." (Psalms 24:2) Make no mistake about how we got here, because no matter the process that was used, it was God who made it happen; although, I do not buy into the 'man from a monkey' route, because God made man in His own image and formed him from the dirt with His own hands; so, I do therefore believe that we were formed from mud, which involves dirt and water. The average person is about 70% water; which for me who's current weight is 170, that means 120 pounds of my weight is made up of water. I remember as a small child, I really enjoyed making things out of mud; many times getting myself into trouble for digging up my mother's flower garden, just so I could fill my wagon with dirt, and then roll over to the faucet where I could create something wonderful. I could not verify this with my limited research abilities, but I am will to bet that that ratio of salt water to fresh water that is upon the earth is the same ratio that is in our bodies. The verse above is referencing two very different water sources; one being that of the seas, which is that of a salty nature, and the other of the floods, which speak to rivers, streams and lakes, which are fresh water sources that are created by rain and snow. In the garden of Eden God formed four rivers to sustain the life which He had created there. These rivers are spoken of in Genesis 2:10-14 and appear to come forth from one river that was in the midst of the garden, which was probably a underground stream that flowed up from the ground. The importance of water to the substance of life is quite interesting; especially since the Lord used water to judge the earth when He caused the earth to flood. Then we have the fact that Jesus refereed to Himself as the "Living Water", and made reference to the fact that no one will experience abundant life without having drunk of the Living Water which flows down from heaven; Living Water being that which flows, has life, and gives eternal life. Even in the "New Jerusalem" that is spoken of in Revelation 22:1, there is mentioned "a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb". I guess the thing that I am getting at, is that our life in God is always moving and flowing, and there must be movement in the water in order for the water to contain life and to experience life..."Hath a nation changed their gods which are yet no gods? but My people have changed their glory for that which doth not profit. Be astonished, O ye heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid, be ye very desolate, saith the LORD. For My people have committed two evils; they have forsaken Me the Fountain of Living Waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that hold no water." (Jeremiah 2:11-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment