Wednesday, December 5, 2012

"God Always Prevails"

"They cried unto Thee, and were delivered: they trusted in Thee, and were not confounded." (Psalms 22:5) Who am I, that I should question God's plan for my life? I am instructed in His word to trust and obey, yet I still question His doing, and whether or not He has the desires of my heart anywhere within His plan. Am I the only one who does this, or is it just a part of our frail nature? I wish that I were the only one, but sadly, this is something that is deep within each and every one of us. So, how do we overcome being disappointed or suffering from the anxiety of waiting for our situation to change? We are told to have faith; right? So that is my problem; my faith is lacking, and I have not put all of my trust in God; therefore, I question His reasoning in my certain situation? Is that it? No, I don't think that is what makes me question what God is doing. What makes me question what God is doing is my questions of what He is doing; that's what I think! I what to know what is going to happen, and when it is going to happen; otherwise, I am stuck feeling God might not be doing anything at all. Jesus always knew what was coming, and He always knew when it was going to happen; that is something that comes with being God in the flesh. We, on the other hand, are not God; nor do we possess the power to see all that He sees; that is something we just need to get right in our heads! As soon as I start questioning what God is doing, I begin to feel so alone in my situation, and I feel depressed because there is no answer in sight; the word for that would be "confounded". Confounded is a word that means to be ashamed; to be disconcerted; or to be disappointed. Disappointment is easy to understand, because we have all experienced an ample amount of that throughout our lives; but ashamed and disconcerted might require a little looking at, because they have much in common. If you look up the meaning of 'disconcerted', you will find words like disturbed, bewildered; such as would be the case of being overwhelmed with unexpected calamity. And if you look up the definition of 'ashamed', then you will see meanings like embarrassed; inadequate; feeling inferior; foolishness or disgrace. The thing that both of these definitions have in common is the absence of joy; you cannot experience joy if you are feeling inadequate, or disturbed, or disgraced; or even being bewildered can cause our joy to faint. The Lord's brother, James, had a real simple solution for the issue of being bewildered by anything, and he called it "counting it all joy". If you have an issue with not trusting what God is doing in your life, then resolve to count it all joy; making a point of taking every situation that you are blessed to experience, and turning it into an occasion to celebrate joy in the Lord's grace and mercy. I do not think James would have mentioned it right off the bat, if it was not an issue. And, you may take notice, that he did not say that we should ask for joy, or seek out joy; but he says, "count it", which means to command it to be so!!! "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." (James 1:2-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment