Wednesday, March 17, 2010

ISAIAH 55:3 - "The Sure Mercies of David"

"Let them praise the name of the Lord: for He commended, and they were created. He hath also stablished them for ever and ever: He hath made a decree which shall not pass." (Psalms 148:5 & 6) Before we can really understand "The Sure Mercies of David", we must really know the man. To totally understand what these few words which have been written in God's Holy Word are actually saying, and the absolute power that is behind them, we must be able to understand the relationship that David had with God. The bottom line is, that David trusted God; but when I say that, I can not give what it means justice in just so little words. There is something that we must also remember when we look into the life of David: David was a Believer; he, like we, had believed that Jesus died on the cross to redeem us back to God. But for David and all those that were before the cross, they looked towards Jesus coming and paying the price for sin; we on the other hand look back at the cross, and the price that was paid. So, if you really think about it, those that that were before Jesus' coming, had the stronger faith in the cross, and the price that would be paid by Jesus. As we look into the life, heart and mind of David, there are things I feel the Lord is speaking into my heart; they have to do with a relationship with God. The most important thing to God, and what He wants most from us, is relationship; He created us for His pleasure, and His pleasure is to bless us beyond measure. If we could only see this as fact, I mean really as if it was as clear as the nose on our faces; God wants us to be blessed beyond measure, (that means you can not measure it, no way, no how). It is hard to grasp the magnitude of all God wants to provide for us; it is even hard to grasp the magnitude of all that He has already provided for us, but as we draw closer and closer towards Him, we can begin to see more and more. This is one thing that David was known for, "A Man After God's Own Heart"; because David loved to search out the Heart of God. David knew this about God; that the closer he drew towards God, the closer God drew towards him; the more that David sought to be in God's presence, the more of God's presence was revealed to him. We must also understand this about David the man, everything he wrote, he wrote from his heart; he wrote everything, believing that they applied to his life, and that God was speaking Truth into him, and through him. Knowing this, can help us understand the writings that he did, and why they are more than just words, phrases, songs, or even prophecies; they were David's heart; the heart of a man that was in love with his God. Let me give you a little sample of what I mean with a verse that I shared a few days ago: "Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore." (Psalms 16:11) If we look at the meaning of this verse in and of it's self, we see that it says much about God showing David the right way to experience the joy and pleasures of everlasting life. But in the verse just prior to this, we see something rather interesting: "For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption." This has some very powerful significance to what I am talking about; because for David, this is what he believed would apply to his life: That he would die, be waiting in hell, that Jesus would come, die on the cross, come down into hell and deliver him from there, and that Jesus' body would not be corrupted by death, because he would rise in three days. That pretty much is the verse in a nutshell. You might be able to see what I am saying, and how what David wrote applied to his life; after all, being delivered from hell is a pretty important thing to believe. "I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. I will set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.".....LORD; Thy Will; Not Mine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment