Friday, September 4, 2026

"A Gust of Wind!"

 "Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach." (Hebrews 13:13 KJV)

  "Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weakness, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:8-10 NLT)

 Where do I start? Let's just say that I should start by asking for forgiveness and for taking my hand off the wheel! Better yet, that I left thinking about the Lord's blessing, and focused more upon what I thought was my determination and quest to get back home, as quick as possible. Whatever we do in this life, we must always remember to ask for the Lord's direction, protection, and most of all, His anointing upon all that we do!

 When I left the lot on Wednesday, I just focused upon the journey ahead, giving the task all the energy and thought, I could do. Unfortunately, the task was blown apart at a Toll Booth, at about 4am Thursday morning! As I passed through the booth, I heard a crash, something that shocked me to my core. I pulled over to the side of the road and looked at the side of the RV, seeing nothing was damaged; but I forgot to look up! 

 Apparently, the awning was what made that noise, and seeing it was heartbreaking, to say the least; I was so overcome by what had happened, I wanted to cry but couldn't even get a single tear to come out. As I traveled down the road, really not knowing what to do, I heard another crash; it was the passenger side mirror, that was totally gone! Apparently, the head of the awning was disconnected, and it came down with force and literally took off the passenger side mirror.

 When I went to the first area I could to pull over to, I got out and saw all that had happened, and wanted to die, right there on the side of the road! There just so happened to be a sign with a number to call for help, and the dispatcher I spoke to called for Services and Highway Patrol. 

 The weather was so completely crazy; that there was actually a tonnato warning; and there was lightening, wicked winds, and sever rain dumping down. The service provider showed up first and tried all he could to help; but things just got worse. The awning unrolled itself, and we now were dealing with a sail! I quickly retrieved some bungy cords and tried to secure it to the cargo compartments.

 The weather continued to get worse, and the poor service guy was hiding behind the sail trying to keep it from breaking free. After the storm calmed, the Highway Patrol showed up, and we went through all the things that happened; which involved a situation for hitting the side of the toll booth.

 A tow truck driver arrived, and we slowly drove to the nearest gas station, where we actually took off the awning, and he ended up driving off with it on his flatbed. As I sat in the parking lot, seriously astounded and weak from the devastation, I decided to make some calls; and ended up talking with this wonderful person at the NEWMAR factory; which just so happened to be about 4 and a half hours away.

 On the way there, I went through several tolls, and I went through one where there as actually a person that collected the money. I pulled in and tried to get close enough to reach her; and as I pulled away, bang! The driver side mirror was taken out! I was overwhelmed and totally undone! I pulled over to the side of the road and cut to wires that were all that was holding it up; and stowed the mirror in one of the compartments.

 Crazy as it seems, when I got to the NEWMAR plant, I was totally and completely at peace! Within less than an hour they had the mirrors replaced; which actually look better than the first ones. They are coming back out this morning to calibrate and adjust the mirrors and take down what's left of the awning. That replacement will be for another day! 

 As I set in the parking lot, with at least 60 or more beautiful motor homes, this has turned out to be an experience, more than anything else! Whatever we do, no matter how much you might think you have even the slightest chance of being in control; make sure that you pray for the Lord's guidance and protection, for every bit of the journey...

"Dear friends, don't be surprised at the fiery trails you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad - for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to the world." (1 Peter 4:12-13 NLT)      

No comments:

Post a Comment