"Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty; with whom, if he come shortly, I will see you." (Hebrews 13:23 KJV)
"For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows. But you, Timothy, and a man of God; so run from all these evil things. Pursue righteousness and a godly life, alone with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness. Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses." (1 Timothy 6:10-12 NLT)
Well, I must say that I am not sorry for missing a chance to share this yesterday; we had to get ready for the final meal, and breakfast was going to be at 6:30, so I felt that I needed to be there between 4:00 and 4:30. Men at the Cross will be this coming Saturday; which is when I wake up at 2:30; but since I am at home, I feel more comfortable to pray quicker and have had at least 45 minutes to do this blog.
Having shared this before, it might seem as though it's old news; but the more I share it, the more I feel as though I keep holding tightly to the eternal life I have been given! We need to make every effort to keep the faith; and when I say, "the faith," I am talking about that moment when we accepted Jesus Christ into our hearts; which is the moment that you were actually saved!
Faith is not just what you believe, but what you know! I know, 100%, that my life was changed on that special day; there is no doubt, whatsoever! Don't ever forget, because that is the real true faith that Paul is talking about...
"Dear brothers and sisters, I want you to understand that the gospel message I preach is not based on mere human reasoning. I received my message from no human source, and no one taught me. Instead, I received it by direct revelation from Jesus Christ. You know what I was like when I followed the Jewish religion - how I violently persecuted God's church. I did my best to destroy it. I was far ahead of my fellow Jews in my zeal for the traditions of my ancestors." (Galatians 1:11-14 NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment