"Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly." (Hebrews 13:18 KJV)
"Dear friends, I warn you as temporary residents and foreigners to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your souls. Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world." (1 Peter 2:11-12 NLT)
As far as the world goes, there are certain things that are totally upside-down, when it comes to family matters and the things which the secular world allows; most of which is due to the fact that the church does not get involved in what the world does. The school system, which was once founded by churches, is now almost completely against anything that has to do with God.
Not that it wasn't meant to happen, because we all should know that it is all listed in the Bible, as all the things shall be in the last days! Whether you can except it or not, we are actually living in those days, waiting and expecting for the Lord to come and take us home! At least that is what I am waiting for, because I believe that it is going to happen, very soon!
That said, I pray that I am found worthy to be taken; not because of something I did, because I believe those things are already forgiven; but because of what I might do, that might not be right, something that does not please the Lord. I have seen to many that have fallen from grace, who I pray for to be made right again. It is just too easy for some to stumble, taking worldly desires over living honestly.
If we think that we are strong enough to not fall, we are going to find out that we are weak and frail; hopefully it will only be a lesson learned, and we recover. But there are some that don't recover and think they are doomed! It is never ever too bad that you cannot be forgiven, ever! The Lord is always willing to forgive us, no matter how bad we have been!
We must realize that we are all vulnerable; that we must depend upon the Lord to keep us on the right path! The moment we might think that we have won the battle and have what it takes to live rightly, is the moment we will discover that we don't have any strength at all...
"You adulterers! Don't you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God. What do you think the Scriptures mean when they say that the spirit God has placed within us is filled with envy? But he gives us even more grace to stand against such evil desires. As the Scriptures say, "God opposes the proud but favors the humble." So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners: purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world. Let there be tears for what you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor." (James 4:4-10 NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment