"But I beseech you the rather to do this, that I may be restored to you the sooner." (Hebrews 13:19 KJV)
"Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith. I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!" (Philippians 3:8-11 NLT)
If I could, I would do whatever it takes to be a missionary or serve somewhere that gives me the chance to minister to those who feel as though their life doesn't matter; because we must all believe that our lives matter to God! To be more positive and direct, our death also matters to God, because death is our door that opens to fellowship with God in person; which is what faith and hope is all about!
As it is, my purpose in this life right now is caring for my wife, which is something I have been doing for over 23 years now; and I am willing to do is another 23 years, if the Lord keeps us going. At that time, I would be 91 years old, and my wife would be 88; but I would rather the Lord come back much sooner than that, then we both would be perfect, in every way!
Today I am taking my wife and her mother to the movies; which I really enjoy doing, as Marianne will be super attentive to the big screen; and her mother will also enjoy hanging out with us. It really isn't about enjoying the entertainment, but more about just having some time together and relaxing from the rigors of life. My wife's mother is also busy at home taking care of her husband; besides putting up working for me, 30 hours a week.
All that said, I feel blessed, far more than I deserve! God keeps providing more and more; even when I think it is time to quit, He gives me the strength and desire to keep on going! We must believe that our lives matter! We are here for a reason, and rather you believe it or not, the Lord is working through you, even if you don't realize it, He will never give up on us...
"LORD, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine. The land you have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance! I will bless the LORD who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me. I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave. You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever." (PSALM 16:5-11 NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment