"Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." (Hebrews 13:21 KJV)
"So we have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while you will grow as you learn to know God better and better. We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy, always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light. For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transformed us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins." (Colossians 1:9-14 NLT)
I am sorry if I offended anyone with my closing statement. It is something I felt strongly about when I left the church I was a pastor at, back in 2018 or 2019; actually, I don't remember when; except that my niece was going to start going to Country Christian School, and I used that as a way out; bring her family to LCC and making it my opportunity to go there also. If you don't understand what I mean, it is really not that hard to understand: You shouldn't leave a church simply because you might have been offended; but you could leave a church if you have a good reason, that is justifiable.
Maybe you still didn't get the point; but it is really more about structure than anything else. We are not really meant to rebel against anything we might have issue with; especially anything that might cause others to also be concerned or upset about. I have seen that happen too many times in certain churches, and it is ugly and causes many to actually fall away from church, all together.
My leaving was done in a celebratory manor; where everyone prayed over me and my family, as we were departing to be a part of another fellowship. Believe it or not, it was all about tithes and offerings; as crazy as that might seem. I believed that it should be out in the open and structured; where there is actually a passing of the plate or bag. As it turns out, that isn't what we do at the current church either...
"Let the message about Christ in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father." (Colossians 3:16-17 NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment