"But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased." (Hebrews 13:16 KJV)
"Don't be misled - you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant. Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit. So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up. Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone - especially to those in the family of faith." (Galatians 6:7-10 NLT)
I know that I have shared on this verse before, several times already; but it is important that we always remember that we must be busy about our Father's business, in season and out of season! If you don't know what that means, it simply means, whether you feel like it or not, you should always be ready to do whatever the Spirit prompts you to do!
If you want to know, one of the things the Holy Spirit prompts me to do, is to pray for someone, especially strangers. As I am having conversations with them, I feel the Spirit telling me, "Pray for this person," and it will be my duty to find an opening in the conversation, when I just simply say, "Can I pray for you?" Hardly anyone refuses to be prayed for!
You must understand that the Holy Spirit will not make you do things; but He will prompt you and guide you along the way. However, if you refuse to do that which He tells you, then He will simply leave you alone; and what a waste that will be! Think of all the characters that the Holy Spirit represents; each and every one is to be meant to strengthen us and make us useful, in one way or another.
The "but" in this verse is not meant as an exception, but is meant for motivation, to mean, "and" "now" "also" "nevertheless" and "moreover"! In other words, there are greater blessings in store for us, the more we do good and share the Good News! You don't really need to be well-taught to share, you just need to be willing...
"The woman said, "I know the Messiah is coming - the one who is called Christ. When he comes, he will explain everything to us." Then Jesus told her, "I AM the Messiah!" Just then the disciples came back. They were shocked to find him talking to a woman, but none of them had the nerve to ask, "What do you want with her?" or "Why are you talking to her?" The woman left her water jar beside the well and ran back to the village, telling everyone, "Come and see a man who told me everything I ever did! Could he possibly be the Messiah?" So the people came streaming from the village to see him." (John 4:25-30 NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment