"Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly." (Hebrews 13:18 KJV)
"This is all the more urgent, for you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here. So remove your dark deeds like dirty clothes, and put on the shining armor of right living. Because we belong to the day, we must live decent lives for all to see. Don't participate in the darkness of wild parties and drunkenness, or sexual promiscuity and immoral living, or in quarreling and jealousy. Instead, clothe yourself with the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. And don't let yourself think about ways to indulge your evil desires." (Romans 13:11-14 NLT)
This might not be a good time to bring this up, but this is another part of the book where Paul shows us that there is more than one person who is taking part in writing this; of which, as I have said before, that Mark and Luke were both with Paul while he was being held in prison. You might not think it matters much, but they were both not actually Apostles of Jesus, yet they ended up as two of the four Gospel messages, which were sandwiched between Matthew and John, who were His Apostles.
Don't try to figure out what that all means, because there were banners in the wilderness which had representation of all four of them, "The Four Gospels." I do believe I shared on that before; but there was also a formation the children of Isreal march through the wilderness in, and it was in the shape of a cross!
Anyhow, this is about accountability, not about history or who is what and why. Each and every one of us should have a good conscience when it comes to walking with the Lord. As I have shared before, and I will share it again, I probably ask the Lord to forgive me, at least six or more times a day. I don't even need to do anything wrong; but just thinking about something wrong is enough to ask for forgiveness.
Hopefully, this is something we all have some basic rule for, to ask the Lord's forgiveness when we might do something or think of something that is wrong. The thing about "willing to live honestly," is that which means that we are living the truth; meaning that there is no room for blame!
Don't get me wrong, I have many things in my life that I blame myself of doing wrong; but isn't that what asking for forgiveness is all about? We can count our blessings, naming them one by one; but we should also make sure we eliminated those things which we need forgiveness for, one by one; as soon as possible...
"Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If any of you wants to be my followers, you must turn from your selfish ways, pick up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul? For the Son of Man will come with his angels in the glory of his Father and will judge all people according to their deeds. And I tell you the truth, some standing here right now will not die before they see the Son of Man coming in his Kingdom."" (Matthew 16:24-28 NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment