"But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifice God is well pleased." (Hebrews 13:16 KJV)
""Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.' "Then these righteous ones will reply, 'Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?' "And the King will say, 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!'"" (Matthew 25:34-40 NLT)
This might seem judgmental, or at the very least, something to think about, as you ask the Lord for opportunities to share and care for others; because I am certain that many of us don't do it as often as we should. Most of the time I am so busy just trying to keep up with my own busy schedule, that I do forget; even though I asked the Lord in the morning for opportunities and special encounters with people. It's as if the race I am running is not the race I wanted to run in!
Maybe it's just me, but if I could only slow down time, there might be more I could do that involves the work of sharing the Good News! But maybe that is the whole problem, making it work! If it is made into work, we can sometimes have a tendency to feel burdened by it, as if it is something we have to do; when in reality and in the way it should always be, it is a blessing! Just knowing Christ and sharing His love to others, is something that makes us have Running Water the flows through us, every time we share...
"On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, "Anyone who is thirsty may come to me! Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.'"" (John 7:37-38 NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment