"Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate." (Hebrews 13:12 KJV)
"But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed steadily into heaven and saw the glory of God, and he saw Jesus standing in the place of honor at God's right hand. And he told them, "Look, I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing in the place of honor at God's right hand!" Then they put their hands over their ears and began shouting. They rushed at him and dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. His accusers took off their coats and laid them at the feet of a young man named Saul. As they stoned him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit." He fell to his knees, shouting, "Lord, don't charge them with this sin!" And with that, he died." (Acts 7:55-60 NLT)
Forgive me for having missed doing yesterday's post, as I was hardly in my right mind, driving in the early hours of the night, having rain and lightning flashing all around me, as I just tried to make up a little more distance, hoping to make another hundred miles of my trip. Just so you know, I didn't forget to do my blog, because I did actually think about all the things I was going to say. By the way, this post has been started basically yesterday, as of a quarter to midnight; so I will count it as a twofer, and that pretty much matches the "Thrice."
Most of you know this story of Stephen, and how he saw Jesus standing at God's right hand; there is something very interesting about that, Jesus standing, because to be absolutely sure, Jesus was honoring Stephen, as he was going to be the first Christian to be killed, for announcing Jesus on His throne! A throne that He would usually be seated at, at the right hand of the Father!
When I read this illustration of what they did, 'putting their hands over their ears and shouting,' it really reminds me of what would happen when I would try and persuade one of my J.W. relatives or friends about who Jesus really was and is; they cover their ears, as if what I said has the power to curse them, or worse than that, it might cause them to believe the truth!
As I was driving yesterday morning, I kept thinking about all those who Jesus dealt with, how were actually moved beyond and above, by just knowing who He really was; not just a man, but God! The woman at the well, as well as all of her countrymen; the man that had a legion of demons, who actually wanted to follow Him, but Jesus told him no, and told him to go home, showing his family that he was changed!
The one that really kept me thinking about, was Peter, the first to declare the He was LORD; and then, almost right away tell Him, "Not so, Lord," as Jesus was sharing the things that were about to happen! Three times Jesus asked Peter, "Do you love me?" As I thought of that, I was reminded of the three times that Peter denied that he even knew Jesus; he even cursed when someone said, "I know you were with Him!"
And then I thought about those times, (oh my goodness,) times of doing things that were totally wicked and perverted, even though I confessed to be a Christian! I thought it didn't matter, as if it was a private thing, and I wasn't hurting anyone, just myself! Even stupid fools can be forgiven! Thank God for that...
"So the LORD sent Nathan the prophet to tell David this story, "There were two men in a certain town. One was rich, and one was poor. The rich man owned a great many sheep and cattle. The poor man owned nothing but one little lamb he had bought. He raised that little lamb, and it grew up with his children. It ate from the man's own plate and drank from his cup. He cuddled it in his arms like a baby daughter. One day a guest arrived at the home of the rich man. But instead of killing an animal from his own flock or herd, he took the poor man's lamb and killed it and prepared it for his guest." David was furious. "As surely as the LORD lives," he vowed, "any man who would do such a thing deserves to die!"" (2 Samuel 12:1-5 NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment