Saturday, August 1, 2026

"Something More!" - Too

 "For our God is a consuming fire." (Hebrews 12:29 KJV)

  ""Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore. Be glad; rejoice forever in my creation!"" (Isaiah 65:17-18a NLT) 

 There was something more that I wanted to share, something that I have shared before, which was the first thing that Jesus did to demonstrate His power, without even really lifting a finger, but just by speaking out. It was when He changed the water into wine, not because He wanted to do it, but because His mother asked Him to do something, because they had run out of wine. 

 We might think was something simple, something like when Moses dipped his rod into the river, turning the water into blood; but this real wine that Jesus made, it was not just grape juice; this was fermented wine, that was not only alcoholic, but aged and the best wine that was made! It was real good wine; so much so, the master of ceremonies, who tasted the wine said, "A host always serves the best wine first. Then when everyone has had a lot to drink, he brings out the less expensive wine. But you have kept the best until now!"

 I am saying this because Jesus created the heavens and the earth, in much the same way; without using His hands, but simple with His commands! And, without a doubt, I believe that everything He made was not a thing that needed to mature into something, but it was made fully grown and already aged. Which is something that many can't understand; trying to base, what looks like things that needed billions of years to form; when they were actually already created in that condition! 

 They say that the sun is getting smaller, as it consumes itself more and more. If that is true, which I do believe it is, then if the earth is billions of years old, then it would have been consumed by the sun before it started. Sometimes I think they don't want to believe, only because they don't want to know or believe about God; otherwise, they might actually have make the connection.

 There was a thing that happened when Jesus had returned to Capernaum, and is asked to do something from a Roman officer, that goes well with this, something more...

""Lord, my young servant lies in bed, paralyzed and in terrible pain." Jesus said, "I will come and heal him." But the officer said, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I need only need to say, 'Go,' and they go, or 'Come,' and they come. And if I say to my slaves, 'Do this,' they do it." When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to those who were following him, he said, "I tell you the truth, I haven't seen faith like this in all Israel! And I tell you this, that many Gentiles will come from all over the world - from east, and west - and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob at the feast in the Kingdom of Heaven. But many Israelites - those for whom the Kingdom was prepared - will be thrown in utter darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Then Jesus said to the Roman officer, "Go back home. Because you believe, it has happened." And the young servant was healed that same hour." (Matthew 8:6-13 NLT) 


No comments:

Post a Comment