"Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge." (Hebrews 13:4 KJV)
"When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:19-21 NLT)
Sorry for being so late, but I had a little food poisoning yesterday; and it was pretty rough. Cold sweats, and shaking profusely; it was something that I hardly ever encounter. Not sure if it is over; but one thing I know, I feel like going back to bed! That said, I will most likely never again buy Black & Blue hamburger patties!
When my wife and I were doing our 6 months of marriage counseling, I must confess, there really was a whole lot of stuff going on with that lesson. We learned things like, our bodies will no longer be our own, but they belong to one another. If you don't know what that means, it pretty much means if you say you have a headache, that doesn't count.
There were other things about pleasing one another in other ways, if that is what it takes; if your body is not your own, then you must give yourself to one another. There were several books we had to read about these things; some of which I was not so sure about; but we had to do it anyway.
There are several Pastor's that will tell you that the Song of Solomon is basically a book that tells us that the bed is undefiled, that what a husband and wife do in their bed is up to them, that they can do whatever they want, because it is their bed...
"If you are wise and understand God's ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom." (James 3:13 NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment