Thursday, August 20, 2026

"Jesus, The One and Only"

 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today, and forever." (Hebrews 13:8 KJV)

  "When I saw him, I fell at his feet as if I were dead. But he laid his right hand on me and said, "Don't be afraid! I am the First and the Last. I am the living one. I died, but look - I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave."" (Revelation 1:17-18 NLT) 

 There is more to this than we could ever imagine; yet even then, I doubt we would know just how amazing Jesus really is, was, and forever will be! When they were going to arrest Jesus in the garden, all He had to say, is, "I Am!" and instantly they all fell to the ground; as if He could have breathed and knock them off their feet. 

 When He came out to the disciples, walking on the water, it totally scared them, as they thought He was a ghost or a spirit. Yet, He can control everything, big or small, with just a word, even just a thought, as if even His imagination is enough to create something from nothing! 

 There was this one instance when He told His disciples to get in the boat, as He said, "We must go to the other side." As they went, Jesus slept, having a pillow beneath His head. It has been said, that the pillow He was resting His head upon, was actually cloths that were folded up, waiting to be put on someone who was on the other side of the lake. 

 As they entered into the center of the lake, a horrific storm overtook the ship, and the disciples were sure that they were going to die; but Jesus keep on sleeping, as if everything was going to be fine! Personally, I believe the powers of darkness were trying to stop Him, as the man He was about to help had legions of demons living inside of him. 

 This might not seem like such a spectacular thing to some; but Jesus knows everything! He controls the elements, down to the smallest practical, every atom that makes density into matter! Even though He came to this earth in the form of a man, He still was God, with abilities beyond all others; even the demons trembled at His commands...

"So they arrived at the other side of the lake, in the region of Gerasenes. When Jesus climbed out of the boat, a man possessed by an evil spirit came out from a cemetery to meet him. This man lived among the burial caves and could no longer be restrained, even with a chain. Whenever he was put into chains and shackles - as he often was - he snapped the chains from his wrists and smashed the shackles. No one was strong enough to subdue him. Day and night he wandered among the burial caves and in the hills, howling and cutting himself with sharp stones. When Jesus was still some distance away, the man ran to him, and bowed low before him. With a shriek, he screamed, "Why are you interfering with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In the name of God, I beg you, don't torture me!""  

No comments:

Post a Comment