"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." (Hebrews 13:2 KJV)
"The LORD appeared again to Abraham near the oak grove belonging to Mamre. One day Abraham was sitting at the entrance to his tent during the hottest part of the day. He looked us and noticed three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he ran to meet them and welcome them, bowing low to the ground." (Genesis 18:1-2 NLT)
As crazy as those things I said yesterday seem, they are absolutely true; I shared them only to let it be known that there really are angels all around us; most of which we are totally unaware of, even though they are there. However, I have had encounters with some, that were just like you and I, who just show up and for whatever reason spark up a conversation; leaving without me even knowing which way they went. Whether or not they were angels, I can't really say. But what I do know, is that they really do exist and they do, some way or another, work in and through portions of our lives.
In this, regarding Abraham's fellowship with these three strangers; one of which was none other than Jesus Himself; there were two of which that were angels. If you know the Scriptures well enough, then you would remember that part of their visitation concerned Sarah; while after their meal, the LORD asked, "Should I hide my plan from Abraham?"" (Genesis 18:17)
We should all know what that was about, because the two angels that were with Him turned and headed toward Sodom; while Abraham started bartering with the LORD about sparing the righteous. Whatever it was that Abraham trying to do, it was for the sake of his nephew Lot, who lived in Sodom. You should all know the rest of that story, because angels do rescue people; this much I am absolutely aware of...
"So Peter left the cell, following the angel. But all the time he thought it was a vision. He didn't realize it was actually happening. They passed by the first and second guard posts and came to the iron gate leading to the city, and this opened for them all by itself. So they passed through and started walking down the street, and then the angel suddenly left him. Peter finally came to his senses. "It is really true!" he said. "The Lord has sent his angel and saved me from Herod and from what the Jewish leaders had planned to do to me!"" (Acts 12:9-11 NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment