"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." (Hebrews 13:8 NLT)
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6 KJV)
Not that this is anything new or a secret, hidden in the Scriptures; because it has been put up on posters and shirts and all sorts of other ways to show, just who Jesus Christ is, was, and always will be: LORD! The funny thing is, that the religion I grew up in, their Bible translation has the word, "LORD," changed to "JEHOVAH." Thus, they proclaim this to be the main reason that their translation is true, and all others are false.
Back to my jail time and my new life in Christ; after I was saved, I felt led to make a crossword puzzle that had JESUS in the empty squares, going across and up and down, somewhat in the form of a cross. All the questions going across were from Old Testament verses; while those that went up and down were questions that came from New Testament verses. Not that I wanted to advertise it or anything; although I did make a few copies for a couple of my new brothers in Christ. Mainly, it was my way to study and confirm what I had just found out; and a way to try to remember all the verses that speak of the LORD of LORD,S and KING of KING'S; The Mighty Son of God!
Maybe you don't see the encounter that I had as something overwhelming; but to me, at that particular time, it was life-changing and the most important thing in my life! Believe it or not, but God kept putting men into my life that had some affiliation with the J.W.'s. Each and every one of them almost all said the same thing: "When I get out, I am going to go to my brother's church; but they call it the Kingdom Hall." You can only imagine my reaction to their statements. I instantly opened my Bible and showed them who Jesus really was and proved to them that He was, indeed, God!
One of the men I shared with got saved that Sunday morning at a church service. Surprisingly, we both had a visitation at the same time; me with my wife and grandfather; he with his brother and family. This area was not like the one at the other facility; there was glass walls between us and our families; while we pick up phones to talk to each other. I witnessed the new brother in Christ, as his family picked up their phone, he picked up his, and he instantly exclaimed, "I accepted Jesus into my heart today!" Immediately, they hung up their phone, turned their back to him, and walked out of the visiting center.
When I got ready to consult him for what had happen, he had a very big smile on his face, saying, "I just had my first persecution for Jesus!" I was overwhelmed by his excitement and knew full well that I had a reason for being in jail! That night I called my wife and she asked me what was different about me; as her and my grandfather spoke to each other going back home, wondering what it was that made me so joyful. I explained to her the salvation I had received, asking her if she wanted it also; and then I led her in the sinner's prayer, and got saved over the phone. Not too long after, my grandfather also got saved, and I knew that jail was a blessing, not a curse!
When I had that encounter with the possessed man in that hallway; and after exclaiming, "Praise the Lord!" after my early release denial; when I got back to my cell, the man who was reading my Bible said almost the exact thing that other man said. whose family had shunned him. After I looked up the verse I wanted to read, in Acts 19:13-16; I spent several hours showing him all the verses that show that Jesus is truly God.
You must know something about that religion, which is actually a cult. They do not allow anyone to read the Bible on its own; everything is read through their Study Books, which reference Scriptures in the Bible. As they read out loud the lessons in the Study Books, there will be a Scripture reference, which someone will be called on to read that Scripture, and then they all confirm that the Study Guide is true. You really can't make this up! As a matter of fact, there teaching is, that if you read the Study Guides with the Bible, you will be in the light; but if you read the Bible alone, you will be in darkness. Truely a cult!
If I have offended anyone with that, I am truly not sorry; but I am truly sorry for you: Jesus is JEHOVAH, just in case you wanted to know: "The God who is Salvation"...
"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also you are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I declared unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the Scriptures: and that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: after that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time." (1 Corinthians 15:1-8 KJV)
No comments:
Post a Comment