"For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp." (Hebrews 13:11 KJV)
"Soon a Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus said to her, "Please give me a drink." He was all alone at the time because his disciples had gone into the village to buy some food. The woman was surprised, for Jews refused to have anything to do with Samaritans. She said to Jesus, "You are a Jew, and I am a Samaritan woman. Why are you asking me for a drink?" Jesus replied, "If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water."" (John 4:7-10 NLT)
Having shared on this before, it has entered my heart again, as I typed the title above, "Outside the Camp." This was the first message I gave to our Youth Group at church, back in the mid 90's; as a fellow brother and I took turns sharing with the High School kids; and I was the first to share.
Most people might not know this, but in the original King James, it says that Jesus "must go through Samaria," which was really rather odd, because the Jews avoided going through Samaria; even though it was actually a short-cut to Jerusalem. But, as I have said before, Jesus knew what He had to do, as He did, time and time again!
Just as He did when Lazaras was ill, and He delayed going to him, because He waited for him to die; making it four days after he died, before He would show up and raise him up from the grave. In this instance, Jesus was going to minister to the Samaritan's! This encounter with the woman was the way, and He had planned for it to happen, even before she showed up!
How is it that I know? It is pretty obvious by the way He spoke to her and what He already knew about her; He was not just a man, as some might think! He is, and was, the Living God, the Great I AM! The One who spoke to Abraham and ate a meal with him, knowing that Abraham's wife laughed to herself, as He told Abraham that his wife would have a son!
What Jesus did on this mountain was something that He felt needed to be done, because these half-breed Jews needed Salvation, and He knew that they would be willing to receive it, even more than the real Jews; especially those that were Jewish Leaders...
""Please, sir," the woman said, "give me this water! Then I'll never be thirsty again, and I won't have to come here and get water." "Go and get your husband." Jesus told her. "I don't have a husband," the woman replied. Jesus said, "Your right! You don't have a husband - for you have had five husbands, and you aren't even married to the man you're living with now. You certainly spoke the truth!"" (John 4:15-18 NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment