"For our God is a consuming fire." (Hebrews 12:29 KJV)
"The LORD is King! Let the earth rejoice! Let the farthest coastlands be glad. Dark clouds surround him. Righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne. Fire spreads ahead of him and burns up all his foes. His lightning flashes out across the world. The earth sees and trembles. The mountains melt like wax before the LORD, before the LORD of all the earth." (PSALM 97:1-5 NLT)
Okay, this might not be good and beautiful to some, but there really is more to this than a consuming fire that burns everything up. Although Peter does say, "On that day, he will set the heavens om fire, and the elements will melt away in the flames." (2 Peter 3:12b NLT)
Yesterday I was listening to Pastor Jack, as he was illustrating the position of Christ Jesus in the Trinity of God. As he was describing the role of Christ, I couldn't help but remember the day that I was saved, and how I remembered that Preacher saying, "Our Creator is Jesus Christ!" As Jack put it, "Jesus was the Contractor that put everything together; and He did it for Himself!"
It took me a moment to think about that, the thing about, "for Himself." But I did remember a verse in the Bible that confirmed that very same thing. As I pondering what I had heard, I remembered another message I heard Sunday on my way to church, which was given by a Jewish Rabi, about the verse in Genesis that say, "Let us make man our image," as he was showing the plurality of God.
With that, I must retreat from this message, as today I have very little time to go any further. But there is something more I want to say, that might make me look like a fool: I believe that this little trinket was something that Mark added into the conversation...
"Only Luke is with me. Bring Mark with you when you come, for he will be helpful to me in my ministry." (2 Timothy 4:11 NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment