"Be careful that you do not refuse to listen to the One who is speaking. For if the people of Israel did not escape when they refused to listen to Moses, the earthly messenger, we will certainly not escape if we reject the One who speaks to us from heaven! When God spoke from Mount Sinai his voice shook the earth, but now he makes another promise: "Once again I will shake not only the earth but the heavens also." This means that all of creation will be shaken and removed, so that only unshakable things will remain.
"Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe. For our God is a devouring fire." (Hebrews 12:25-29 NLT)
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not on the Father, but of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." (1 John 2:15-17 KJV)
Now that I have gone through several things that I truly don't fully understand, it comes to the things that are too mighty to even think about. When we open the Bible to the first verse, Genesis 1:1, we given the opportunity to begin believing something that is amazingly hard to comprehend: "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
As I have told you several times, this rocked my world the day that I was told that Jesus was the One that created the heaven and the earth! Not only was it told to me, but there were several Scriptures that were presented that verified it was so! You really must understand, I was raised not knowing who Jesus really was; so you can only imagine my shock and awe, when this was told to me; and to make things shake me even more: in my mind, I actually saw Jesus on the cross, while I was thinking about my Creator giving up His life for me...
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. And all things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." (John 1:1-3 KJV)
No comments:
Post a Comment