"Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven." (Hebrews 12:26 KJV)
"Jesus shouted to the crowds, "If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me. For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me. I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark. I will not judge those who hear me but don't obey me, for I have come to save the world and not to judge it. But all who reject me and my message will be judged on the day of judgment by the truth I have spoken. I don't speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it. And I know his commands lead to eternal life; so I say whatever the Father tells me to say."" (John 12:44-50 NLT)
If you are wondering what I meant about having an excuse to trust God, it is really not that difficult to understand what it means. We easily have an excuse to not trust, because might fear what will happen; but we have an excuse to obey, because we know what He tells us to do leads to eternal life!
I shared this little joke, once or twice before, but I think it explains what I am saying: 'There was a man who was walking along the side of a cliff, who happened to fall off the edge. On his way down he was able to grab hold of a root that was hanging out of the side of the cliff; saving himself from falling to his death. However, he had no other way to get up the cliff, so he began crying out for someone to help. He cried out, "Is anybody up their?" and a voice said, "I am here." So, he answered back, "Can you help me?" and the voice said, "Yes I can." So, he answered back again, "Will you help me?" and voice said, "Yes I will." And the man cried out, "What do you want me to do?" and the voice said, "Let go of the root!"
I know that might seem a little bit off topic, but it makes more sense if think of it as challenges we are given, comparing them to the power of an Almighty God; who actually loves us and wants the very best for us; as He has proved it...
""For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."" (Jeremiah 29:11 NLT)
No comments:
Post a Comment