Tuesday, September 26, 2023

"The High Priest Questions Jesus"

  "Inside, the high priest began asking Jesus about his followers and what he had been teaching them. Jesus replied, "Everyone knows what I teach. I have preached regularly in the synagogues and the Temple, where people gather. I have not spoken in secret. Why are you asking me this question? Ask those who heard me. They know what I said." 

 Then one of the Temple guards standing nearby slapped Jesus across the face. "Is that the way to answer the high priest?" he demanded.

 Jesus replied, "If I said anything wrong, you must prove it. But if I'm speaking the truth, why are you beating me?" 

 Then Annas bound Jesus and sent him to Caiaphas, the high priest." (John 18:19-23 NLT) 

  "Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, answer thou me. Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if thou hast understanding? Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? Or who stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? Or who laid the cornerstone thereof; when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" (Job 38:1-7 KJV) 

 As much as I would like to say, 'I told you so,' it really wouldn't matter, because most people would still not believe that it is happening! Without a doubt, this might be the oddest conversation that has taken place so far in this message; just about everyone knew what Jesus was teaching, but Annas was more interested in motives than he was in knowing the truth. 

 "What did you mean, saying, 'The meek shall inherit the earth?' We that hold the power, are those that rule! Those that rule will decide what the meek shall do!" Or so those that control their present, and soon to be dissolved, world, might think! There is only One that is in control; and He is not moved by anything man might do or say! 

 I had a small opportunity to share my testimony, at Man Camp, of how it was that God saved me. In doing so, I was reminded of the way God uses the darkness to bring forth light! We should never be afraid or worried by the darkest days of our lives, because it is in our darkest times, that we can more clearly see the Light... 

"And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, and desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round him a light from heaven: and he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for you to kick against the pricks. And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do." (Acts 9:1-6 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment