Sunday, September 17, 2023

"Jesus at the High Priest's House"

  "So the soldiers, their commanding officer, and the Temple guards arrested Jesus and tied him up. First they took him to Annas, the father-in-law of Caiaphas, the high priest at that time. Caiaphas was the one who had told the other Jewish leaders, "It's better that one man should die for the people."" (John 18:12-14 NLT)

  "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: for so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ." (2 Peter 1:10-11 KJV)

 After saying those things, I cared about and those I did not, I couldn't get them out of my mind, making myself feel as though I was somehow testing myself, and looking back to all my failures in those areas of my life. This is why we need to keep our focus on Jesus and not on ourselves! We are bound to fail and see our difficulties to perform; but Jesus has already overcome every issue and every failure, becoming the Way for us to inherit eternal life through what He has already done! 

 As we move through these final chapters, there we be many more times that John will share very detailed information about the things that had taken place. Most of which many people look over, as if those details really don't matter. If you want to know, it is very much like the way Jesus gives names or places in the teachings of the Kingdom of God, those that are actual references, have details of who and what He is talking about! 

 I heard another reference, yesterday, to what Dr. Chuck had said, referring to the space between the lines in the Bible, "This great discovery is that the Bible is a message system: it's not simply 66 books penned by 40 authors over thousands of years, the Bible is an integrated whole which bears evidence of supernatural engineering in every detail." (Chuck Missler, 'A Hidden Message') 

 Read and believe...

 "Wherefore, I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth. Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; knowing shortly I must put off this tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus hath shown me. Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance. For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty." (2 Peter 1:12-16 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment