Wednesday, September 13, 2023

"The Compassionate Servant"

 "Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way." (John 18:8 KJV)

  "For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God's word. He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault." (Ephesians 5:25-27 NLT)

 Everyone is given a chance; even the worst and most hardened heart is given to opportunity to turn and come to the LORD! That is what I was woken up to this morning, as if God was showing me that there really will be no excuse on judgment day, because everyone and anyone will have no excuse! 

 What is so amazing, is the fact that everyone will not be judged for what they might have done, but by the way we accepted or rejected God's Son! As for us who have accepted Him, judgment is going to be a matter of compassion and love, not sin or keeping of rules and regulations; but our judgement we be from Christ Jesus and based upon what we did with what He had given opportunity to do. 

 The Bible shows us, throughout almost every Book, that God's compassion is never-ending; He shows mercy and grace over and over, even to those who might not listen! That said, He is also just and fair! Something we must never forget or take lightly! Christ suffered an incredible death for us, because our sins are incredibly ugly and hurtful towards God! 

 As far as this passage of Scripture from Ephesians, and why is it so important, especially to me: this is what it means to love, without judgment or compromise, but with an unconditional love that is filled with compassion and a desire to admire the best in everyone! For husbands, that is your wife! 

 I might not have the greatest love, but I know that I have love committed to show compassion for all that my wife cannot do, and the desire to admire, even the little things, she can do! Regardless of what this life throws at us, we will be holy and without fault...

"If I wanted to boast, I would be no fool in doing so, because I would be telling the truth. But I won't do it, because I don't want anyone to give me credit beyond what they see in my life or hear in my message, even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud. Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Corinthians 12:6-10 NLT) 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment