Friday, September 1, 2023

"Love Manifested" - Too

 "Father, I will that they also, whom you hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world." (John 17:24 KJV)

  "There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends." (John 15:13 NLT)

 As I was getting ready to fall asleep last night, I was reminded of the vison that Stephen witnessed, just before he was about to be killed. He declared the vison he saw, as if it was real, as if it was right there in front of him, which was Jesus standing at the right hand of the Throne of God. 

 If you will, let me try and put this into something which is a little hard to grasp, but is hopefully easy to understand and less threatening than some might interpret it. First off, we that have been born again are no longer a citizen of this world; our new citizenship is secured and awaiting our arrival in Heaven. Secondly, we have been given eternal life, which has been guaranteed and made real by the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ! 

 Thirdly, and of utmost importance, this body is temporal, it is not going to Heaven with us, and it is going to go back into the soil, from which it came! Therefore, the greatest thing that this useless flesh can do, is to be used for the glory of God! We can use this flesh for so many different things, like serving others, being a messenger of the Good News, and many other sorts of ministries that can give God glory. But there is no greater thing that this body can be used for, then to be laid down for the sake of others. 

 I know that some might not sit well with that, but it is something I feel is important for us all to come to terms with. If we cherish this body, then we are very capable of shying away from being bold and unafraid to stand up for Jesus! The way things are going, it might not be too long from now that your faith will be tested. And, if that be the case, you are going to need to be in the frame of mind that this body just doesn't matter, but only holding your ground matters in that situation. 

 That doesn't mean that you fight, or resist being persecuted, because that is just what the enemy would have you to do. It means that you set your eyes on the Lord, gaze up into Heaven, and let out a smile! After all, they can take your body, but they can't take your soul.

 There are greater things ahead, for those who lose their heads...

"The first time I was brought before the judge, no one came with me. Everyone abandoned me. May it not be counted against them. But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength so that I might preach the Good News in its entirety for all the Gentiles to hear. And he rescued me from certain death. Yes, and the Lord will deliver me from every evil attack and will bring me safely into his heavenly Kingdom. All glory to God forever and ever! Amen." (2 Timothy 4:16-18 NLT) 


No comments:

Post a Comment