Monday, September 18, 2023

"Taken!"

 "Then the band and the captain and officers of the Jews took Jesus, and bound him," (John 18:12 KJV) 

  "Bless the one who comes in the name of the LORD. We bless you from the house of the LORD. The LORD is God, shining upon us. Take the sacrifice and bind it with cords on the altar. You are my God, and I will praise you! You are my God, and I will exalt you! Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever." (Psalm 18:26-29 NLT)

 I really can't imagine what this could have been like, but there had to be someone in that crowd who felt a little bit uneasy binding someone that could raise the dead and heal the blind. Just imagine what Jesus was doing in this moment: He was surrendering to the mob! Wow, what this might have looked like to the devil and his demons. They were at the very least, surprised, if not astounded; how could they bind the One who binds the demons? 

 As I was taken by the verse, the number twelve caught my attention, so I spent a few moments looking up what the number meant in the Bible. It happens to be rather interesting because for one, it represents a symbol of perfection and authority. Think about that for a moment, as the Perfect Sacrifice has just been taken, but based upon His Authority! If He did not comply, there was no way that they could take hold of Him! 

 The main meaning used by many, is completeness, as it represents the tribe of Israel, the descriptions of the dimensions of The New Jerusalem; among many more things that represent and lead to New Beginnings! Which is a first for what we see happening here, as the Son of God is being bound and taken, much as He had told Peter would happen to him.

 By the way, I was reminded yesterday at church that death is a doorway! It is not the end of our life, but the door to the eternal life we will have with Jesus! Therefore, we should not fear that which is going prove a glorious new beginning! One way or another, we will be with the LORD...

"Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth. Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in the tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shown me." (2 Peter 1:12-14 KJV)  

No comments:

Post a Comment