Saturday, September 16, 2023

"Kingdom First!"

 "Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it?" (John 18:11 KJV)

  "Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 6:11-12 NLT)

 I can see that this world is getting worse and worse, by the day; it's really only a matter of time, and the things that we once held dear will be no longer the things we seek, for survival will be the number one priority in most people's life. But we, the followers of Christ, have another goal, one that is towards the Kingdom of God, not this temporary place! 

 Don't get me wrong, I really don't like much of what I see happening, especially what is taking place in our public schools; but these things have been foretold in God's word, they are what God said would happen: As good will be seen as evil, and evil will be looked upon as good! This will be allowed, mostly because those that are good will not speak out, but will hold their peace, which basically means, they are giving up their rights, in order to remain safe from prosecution. 

 How ironic is that? There is more and more protest, but those who protest the evil, they get punished for speaking out; while those who protest the good, have no limits; yelling, burning, tearing down; it's all about free speech for them, no matter what they might damage. 

 Anywho! I have decided to just prepare for the worst and pray that Jesus will come quickly! Hopefully those that I have been praying for will be saved, and we will all depart together. But just in case, I keep trying to make a point of showing the Way, hoping that they will change their heart and believe that the Bible really is true, evil really is real, and Jesus Christ really did die for their sins! 

 There three things I care about in this life: My wife, how I conduct myself, and trying to love others; other than that, nothing much else matters, not even my health, my wealth, or what might happen to me on this earth. I see more and more people that are homeless who look as though they once lived well off, but for one reason or another, they live on the streets. When I see them, I say to myself, "But for the grace of God, there go I." 

 Whatever cup God gives us to drink from, we must never forget to be strong in the Lord and stand...

 "Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere." (Ephesians 6:13-18 NLT)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment