Monday, June 26, 2023

"The Work of the Holy Spirit"

  "But now I am going away to the one who sent me, and not one of you is asking where I am going. Instead, you grieve because of what I've told you. But in fact, it is best for you that I go away, because if I don't, the Advocate won't come. If I do go away, then I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the world of its sin, and of God's righteousness, and of the coming judgment. The world's sin is that it refuses to believe in me. Righteousness is available because I go to the Father, and you will see me no more. Judgment will come because the ruler of this world has already been judged. 

 "There is so much more I want to tell you, but you can't bear it now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into the truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. He will bring me glory by telling you whatever he receives from me. All that belongs to the Father is mine; this is why I said, 'The Spirit will tell you whatever he receives from me.'"" (John 16:5-15 NLT)

  "Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us? Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the they framed say to him that framed it, He hath no understanding? Is it not yet a very little while, and Lebanon shall be turned into a fruitful field, and the fruitful field shall be esteemed as a forest? And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness. The meek also shall increase their joy in the LORD, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel." (Isaiah 29:15-19 KJV)

 There are many things the Holy Spirit does, most of which is to help us to conform to God's will; but most of which, is to make us more like Jesus! We need to be made more and more like Jesus, over and over again! That means, in case you might have missed it, you don't get to a place where you no longer need help, as if you have arrived and can do the rest on your own. It also means, that when you have come to the place where you can live like Jesus, you will find that there are other things that show up in you, that are not done in the way Jesus would do! 

 In other words, it is going to be a constant struggle to the very end; but the good news is, you have been given a Helper to guide you on your way! By the way, this thing Jesus says, "There is so much more I want to tell you, but you can't bear it now," it is that which we live to experience, day to day; things that are just too hard to handle all at once. If we knew some of what we might have to face, we might have not chosen to get on board, and start following Jesus. 

 There is a very big difference between Jesus pointing towards the crown and say, "They will kill you," and Him pointing at you, saying, "They will kill you". Somehow, we always think of ourselves as an exception to the rule, as if it isn't me that God is speaking about, I have nothing to worry about.

 I was able to hear a message the other day, regarding, 'The Unpardonable Sin.' The main point of the message, for those that might think they have committed that sin and cannot be forgiven, is this: If you are not yet dead, then you have not yet committed it completely, you can still be forgiven! That is totally and completely up to you! Ask God to forgive you and He will pardon you and let you in...

"If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. If we claimed we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts." (1 John 1:8-10 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment