Saturday, June 3, 2023

"Disciples' Relation to Each Other"

  ""This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I told you everything the Father told me. You didn't choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. This is my command: Love each other."" (John 15:12-17 NLT)

  "Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! But when the time of perfection comes, these partial things will become useless." (1 Corinthians 13:8-10 NLT)

 A little note about partiality, as if that doesn't happen in the church: We all need to love one another! Whether we can agree or disagree, we all have no full knowledge of anything; everything we know is given to us in little bits and pieces, most of which, is explained to us by someone else, who still only knows parts and pieces! So why do we want to let something we might not agree on, cause us to be torn apart? 

 There are some very simple things which are easy to understand, some of which I think we must agree on, the rest of the technically incomplete stuff; so, we need to allow for those to not cause us to be torn apart. That is totally and completely up to us to do, and we must be willing to do it, because it is His command! 

 I have great friends who I might disagree with of certain topics, like, not being saved unless you are baptized, or the rapture happening during or after the tribulation; but this is not something I let destroy the relationship, because we all still are brothers and sisters in Christ. Even the dispute over whether or not someone can lose their salvation; although it might be harmful, at best, it is still not something to hate a brother or sister over. 

 Love and pray for each other, as you might love and pray for yourself! We are all one of the same Body: the Body of Christ; all these partial disagreements are useless and no benefit for the love we need to show towards one another...

"Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to the cross and crucified them there. Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another." (Galatians 5:24-26 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment