Tuesday, June 27, 2023

"Home!"

 "But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of asketh me, Whither goest thou?" (John 16:5 KJV)

  "Long ago God spoke many times and in many ways to our ancestors through the prophets. And now in these final days, he has spoken to us through his Son. God promised everything to the Son as an inheritance, and through the Son he created the universe. The Son radiates God's glory own and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven." (Hebrews 1:1-3 NLT)

 This was the main verse used to prick my heart, the wonderful day, back in September of 1981. Along with a few others, all of which pointed to Jesus Christ as the Creator, the One who stepped down from heaven, in order to die upon the cross for you and me. That pretty much rocked my world! 

 It has been said that heaven is really all around us, we just can't see it, as it is in another time-domain. Not sure if that is true or not, but I do believe that there is a Heaven; and I believe with all of my heart, that is where I will be when I depart this earth. We must hold onto that belief, as it is to be, and must currently be, the place that we call home! 

 If anyone doesn't believe that heaven is your home, but you believe in Jesus, then you truly need to get a grip, because this world is not where you belong. Once upon a time, I believed that this was going to be my home, a new earth that would be Paradise. That is what I was taught, having been raised in the J.W. religion, where only a few get to go to heaven, the rest, more common among us, get to stay here on earth and eat fruit and vegetables.

 Something to think about, as much as I love to eat meat, I wonder if that actually is a thing in heaven. Does it even matter? No! I know that there will be eating, because there will be fruit; but anything else, is really not something that I am all that concerned about, because I get to be with Jesus! 

 I was listening to Pastor Richard yesterday morning, and it sounded like he was getting a little choked up, as he was sharing about Jesus, who came and sacrificed Himself, that we might have life. He said something that I seem to forget from time to time; that when Jesus called me, He literally called me from the grave! 

 We were all dead in our sins and trespasses, before we accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord. We didn't even realize that we were dead, but we were all aware that we were dying! This whole world is dying, and it will soon pass away. How do you like that? Those that want to say the world is going to be destroyed by Climate Change, they might have part of it right, but it won't be the weather! 

 It's not my home, so that really doesn't matter! What does matter, are the ones that I care about and want to see in heaven, where we can enjoy each other's company, throughout eternity! That's what I call home...

"But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment. Since everything around us is going to be destroyed like this, what holy and godly lives you should live, looking forward to the day of God and hurrying it along. On that day, he will set the heavens on fire, and the elements will melt away in the flames. But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God's righteousness." (2 Perter 3:10-13 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment