Monday, June 12, 2023

"Been Set Apart"

 "If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." (John 15:19 KJV)

  "Then he says, "I will never again remember their sins and lawless deeds." And when sins have been forgiven, there is no more need to offer any more sacrifices. And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven's Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place. And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God's house, let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ's blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water. Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise." (Hebrews 10:17-23 NLT)

 I find it rather interesting that the authors of Hebrews refer to themselves in the plural, as I gathered that they would. If you need any proof of that, read the verse 5:11, as it says, "There is much more we would like to say about this, but it is difficult to explain, especially since you are spiritually dull and don't seem to listen." 

 There are some things that make more sense than others; the fact that He has set us apart, isn't just to make us holy by removing all of our sins, but to show us that we belong to Him; and because we are His, He is not going to let us go! You might try to run, but there is nowhere that He won't find you! 

 That is just my own person experience, because I cannot ever get away from His presence and love that He has shown towards me! Even when I feel abandoned and alone, He somehow shows me that there is nothing that can separate me from His hand, no matter how hard I try, He will always be there for me! 

 I really hope you have that fact etched into your heart, because it means a whole world of difference to the struggles we might have to love Him as we should! As for the reality of being set apart, there is all the proof we need, in the way He speaks into our hearts by the power of the Holy Spirit. It is by His Spirit that we are given grief and comfort, uneasiness and peace, a hate towards sin and a love for the Father! 

 We might not have the strength to love Him as we should, but we can love Him sincerely...

""Write this letter to the angel of the church of Philadelphia. This is the message from the one who is holy and true, the one has the key of David. What he opens, no one can close; and what he closes, no one can open: "I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me."" (Revelation 3:7-8 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment