Sunday, June 4, 2023

"Love One Another"

 "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." (John 15:12 KJV)

  "If someone says, "I love God," but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is a liar; for if we don't love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see? And he has given us this command: Those who love God must also love their Christian brothers and sisters." (1 John 4:20-21 NLT)

 Yep, that is what He said; and John heard Him say it, first-hand! So, there is something to this, beyond the feelings we might have for one another, it is a Command! Basically, that means that we don't have a choice in the matter, because it is something that we must do, whether we want to or not, we must sacrifice those thoughts and feelings, as if they are wrong to have, and we must do what is right, by loving them, even more than we love ourselves! 

 Oh, wait a minute; I thought it went a little different, like: 'Love your neighbor as you love yourself'? Who is my neighbor? Better yet, is my neighbor my brother or sister? Not necessarily, my neighbor might be someone I don't even know; but my brother or sister is actually a part of my life in Christ! There is really a big difference between the two, as one is someone that might be or become, my brother or sister, while the other already is one! 

 Therefore, if there is some sort of hate in us towards that brother or sister, then we must deny our own feelings, rebuke those wicked thoughts, and beg for forgiveness, allowing the Lord to help us to give up our rights and any offences there might be, and simply love them; in that case, more than you might love yourself! 

 But I love myself so much; it is too hard for me to love someone more than myself! That is really not that hard to believe, because it is just our nature working in us, not the Holy Spirit. I thought of something yesterday that I need for myself, a dog collar that shocks me, every time I might get angry or judge someone, as I do; then I would get a zap, reminding me that I have broken the Lord's Commandment! 

 I hope you know, but we already have that available to us; we just need to surrender our life more to the Holy Spirit, and He will be more than happy to give us a zap! If that is what we need, then He is more than willing to help us with whatever problem we might have. We just need to ask, because those are the types of things that we should ask for: In the name of Jesus, please help me to be humble...

"If you are wise and understand God's ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with humility that comes from wisdom. But if you are bitterly jealous and there is selfish ambition in your heart, don't cover up the truth with boasting and lying. For jealousy and selfishness are not God's kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic. For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind. But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere. And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness." (James 3:13-18 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment