Monday, June 19, 2023

"Our Truth Detector"

 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:" (John 15:26 KJV)

  "O LORD, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand!" (Psalm 139:1-6 NLT)

 Most of the time we forget just how much God knows or sees our everyday lives. As it is, this life is not our own, it is given to us by our Creator; and it can be taken from us, just the same. Believe it or not, but we are still speaking about our relation to the world, as to what it is that we live for, and where it is that we will find favor. 

 Looking at this term, "Comforter," the meaning of this is to show us the contrast between what we see, as to the life that is all around us, and that which shall be, as in the power of God and His will for our lives. If we are looking to do God's will, then we will find comfort, because the Spirit that dwells within us will be in agreement; if we are not looking to do God's will, things become uneasy, and we worry about things which we should not be worried about.

 Don't take my word for it, because I only know that from experience! So, what do I know? To be sure of what is real and what is irrational, we must understand what God's will is for our lives. I might not have the sense enough to figure out what to do, regarding this worldly life, but I know for certain what I am to do in my spiritual life: Obey God! 

 I am pretty sure that works the same for all of us, because it all starts with today! Every day is another opportunity to do God's will in our lives; every day is also another chance to mess it up! There is really no way for us to know what God has in store for us to do, until we actually do what He tells us to do. I know that might sound foolish to some, but that is pretty much how God works.

 There is a saying among many, as Pastor Chuck would always say: "Where God guides, God provides," which to some, it just becomes a reference for finances or fund-raising. But in reality, it means that God will provide for every opportunity; not necessarily all the resources, but the ability for us to be used. There are times when it will seem hard and unbearable, but if God is still doing a work, it is still Him working and guiding our lives! 

 That said, I feel as though I need to either change this format or find another source to post my blog from, as I suspect that my postings are somehow being restricted. Twelve years of posting, without missing a single day, might appear to some to be little weird; but as I have said before, it keeps me from quitting or giving up.

 I know my ability to quit, it happens all the time! I plan on reading Scripture to my wife, morning and night; yet, when I get overwhelmed, I might skip a morning reading, and then skip a nightly reading; and before I know it, I have skipped a whole week! 

 If you really want to know the truth: There are some things in this Christian Life that we must make every effort to do, even when we don't feel like doing it...

"Don't you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training to do what I should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified." (1 Corinthians 9:24-27 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment