Sunday, March 19, 2023

"The Nod"

 "Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom he spake." (John 13:24 KJV)

  ""Why don't people say to God, 'I have sinned, but I will sin no more'? Or 'I don't know what evil I have done - tell me. If I have done wrong, I will stop at once'?" (Job 34:31-32 NLT)

 Sometimes, it takes a little humility to make us realize just how far from God we really can be. But one thing for sure, no one needs to remind us that we have sinned or how easily we could sin again! At least that is the case for those of us that know how vulnerable we really are; and that it only takes a little desire to bring us to the point of want. 

 Don't ask me why I have chosen this topic this morning; except for the fact that Peter needs to know, we are all pretty much subject to certain desires of the flesh; some more than others. This was pretty much Peter's thing; he was the bold one, the one who spoke out, stepped out, and did things, sometimes without even thinking about the consequences. 

 I know we all have most likely heard a sermon or a teaching that had placed us in it, as the pastor would share a message, we could see ourselves being spoken about, wondering, "How did he know?" That is really not all that uncommon, because we all really do have a lot in common: we are all sinners that have been saved by Grace! 

 However, what we don't want to do, we sometimes do, which is to think of someone else more unworthy than us, and take the focus off of ourselves...

"For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps." (1 Peter 2:21 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment